The head of the Scottish judiciary has launched a new Judicial Work Shadowing Scheme, which gives any qualified solicitor, solicitor-advocate or advocate the opportunity to apply to spend up to three days observing the work of a judicial office holder. The purpose of this scheme is to encourage legal practitioners to consider applying for judicial office.
The scheme will provide a suitable environment for legal professionals to:
- share issues which they perceive as inhibiting their application for judicial offfice (e.g. concerns of work/life balance, self-confidence, self-perception and receive confidential advice, support and guidance from a mentor judge;
- learn from someone with greater understanding of the judiciary;
- establish what skills and experiences are needed to support thier application for judicial office;
- identify areas where further development and experience is required and consider how these may be acquired; and
- decide whether or not taking up judicial office is an option which they might want to pursue.
For more details and to apply, please click here.